The Board (GIDB) is given dedicated corpus to financially support the PPP projects. The State Government or it agencies shall approach this fund to financially support the projects to the tune of 20% of the cost of the project. The scheme is applicable to PPP projects where private sector is selected through competitive public bidding as prescribed under section 9 of the GID Act,1999 and concession agreement has been entered into.
Levy of user charges / pre determined tariff is the pre-requisite. Brown field projects are also eligible for financial support. But ongoing projects are not eligible. The executive Committee of GIDB is the authority to approve and release the funds.
State’s Viability Gap Funding Scheme
- Viability Gap Funding Scheme of the State Government provides financial support up to 20% of the cost of PPP project
- GIDB is given dedicated corpus to financially support the PPP projects.
Govt. of India's Viability Gap Funding Scheme
- Government of India also provides financial support (Max. 20%) to PPP projects.
- GIDB is the nodal agency for preparing VGF proposals for forwarding them to the DEA,GOI.
- It is also identified agency of state govt. for IIPDF funding proposals
To know more details,